The Rural Development Wing has devised a strategy to develop role model villages by completely focusing on
adopted villages for achieving complete success in the implementation of their developmental plans from the
grass-root level through spiritual and moral empowerment. Efforts have been initiated for Socio - Economic
upliftment through character building of the rural people. Services are also provided to
support the Government departments in achieving success in various development schemes in these villages.
VILLAGE ADOPTION THAT HAD A TURNAROUND VIRAMPURA, MEHSANA (GUJ.)
- Waste water Drainage & Gutter system was facilitated with the help of Government Scheme in 2000-2001.
- Campaigns for “Vyasan Mukti” under which mainly the Country Liquor Makers and Drinkers were simultaneously given due and intensive spiritual training and awareness about other employment-generation activities and are also provided medical counselling. These campaigns have resulted in almost Vyasan Mukta (Addiction Free) village.
- Village Cleanliness Drive under GRAM SVACHATA: The village was divided into 8 zones and each zone into sub committees, and collective efforts (Shramdan) were undertaken to create Clean & Healthy Environment.
- Tree Plantation and Environment Preservation with the active involvement of Forest Department.
- Awareness Creation Programme for Improvised Agricultural Methods and Guidance for cultivation of Aonla with the active support of Horticulture and Agriculture Departments of Gujarat Government.
- Construction of Village Tank for Rain Water Harvest and Ground Water recharge: The Sardar Patel Participatory Water Mgmt. Scheme was implemented with active support of villagers and Government.
- Guidance Camps for Animal husbandry and effective care of milch animals.
- Awareness Creation by imparting moral and spiritual Knowledge and by teaching Meditation. More than 70 people daily attend the spiritual discourses.
- Women development programmes: Women were assisted to become cooperative members and to restart a diary that was non-operational in that village. Women are also being assisted to form self-help groups and provided income-oriented trainings to support their livelihood.
- Programmes on Youth development were also carried out for seeking their active participation in de-addiction drive, village cleanliness, tree plantation, co-operation in making approach roads and managing other events of public interest.
- Child development programmes: Encouraging school children and involving them in Cultural development.
- Development of Crematorium (Shantivan) with the active support of Village Panchayat and People.
Like the adoption and development of village Virampura, Mehsana (Guj.), the Rural Development Wing has adopted 6 other villages in Maharashtra,
Gujarat, Orissa and Punjab, where efforts are being undertaken to create demonstrative effect on holistic rural development through the programmes as mentioned above.